Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sinusitis and Sinus Pain, Sinusitis, and the Migraine
Question 
[size=4][b]Sinusitis - Sinus Pain, Sinusitis, and the Migraine Syndrome[/b][/size][hr]Am worn out. I'm not worth much today. I cannot seem to get it together. This spot on my sinus is hurting again and I cannot breathe through my nostril. The smell of her perfume is getting to me. Wow, I sure could use a break from these fluorescent lights. Now my sinuses are throbbing. Finally, it's time to go home. I know it's dinner time, but I really don't feel like eating. I wonder if I will need to go to the doctor again and take another round of antibiotics. I hate that, because I always have to treat the yeast infection that follows.'

Regrettably this presentation of migraine usually receives a prescription of antibiotics rather than appropriate care. Just as bad, the patient gives up on seeking medical care and resorts to self-medicating which can lead to complications, such as, rebound headaches or chronic daily headaches. Proper diagnosis is essential to beginning appropriate care. Unfortunately many patients have even had multiple sinus surgeries without success. I am pleased to report that the efforts of headache experts are starting to be realized. I have found ENT surgeons in my area of the country are now more aware of migraines presentations and are more alert to recommend their patients to receive appropriate care.

[size=large][b]This Person Falls Into the Migraine Syndrome Profile[/b][/size][hr]Let me explain what I mean by the migraine syndrome. It is the outward expression of the body's sensitivity to light, sound, smell, food, and/or stress. Some people are more sensitive than others; therefore, their reactions to different stimuli are greater. This sensitivity can be manifested in the body as migraines, sinus headaches, neck aches, palpitations, irritable bowel syndrome, motion sickness or vertigo, reactive hypoglycemia, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ), panic attacks, and/or fibromyalgia. Now that's a mouthful! Understanding what is going on with you is very important in the healing process.

[list][*]Sinus headache usually occurs as a result of sinusitis, an infection causing the swelling and inflammation of the membranes that line the sinuses.[*]These types of headaches though, are often confused with migraines or tension headaches.[*]Changes in pressure are what ultimately initiates the sinus aggravation and if untreated the headache is what follows.[*]Breathing moist air, whether through a humidifier, steam vaporizer or just a hot shower.[*]This begins loosening the backed-up mucous for nasal drainage.[*]The key to treating sinus headaches is to reduce the swelling and inflammation of the sinuses.[*]You also want to facilitate backed-up mucous drainage.[*]For acute cases, there are steps that could be executed at home to provide relief:[*]Most cases, the symptoms often appear as soon as you awaken and the pain may worsen if you lean forward or lie flat.[*]This is a factor that often confuses the sinus headache with a migraine.[*]Migraines may also be accompanied by some nasal symptoms like congestion, facial pressure and a watery, nasal discharge.[*]Migraines though, will have throbbing pain and you will also experience sensitivity to light or sound.[*]What we have written here about Sinus can be considered to be a unique composition on Sinus.[*]Let's hope you appreciate it being unique.[/list]

[size=large][b]There are Two Types of Sinusitis, Chronic and Acute[/b][/size][hr]Chronic sinusitis affects nearly 30 to 40 million Americans every year. It starts with the swelling of the mucous membranes in your sinuses and causes fluid to build up. This eventually plugs the cavity and stops normal mucus drainage. Acute sinusitis is the most common case and is usually cleared up in less than four weeks. If the condition recurs or lasts at least 12 consecutive weeks, the case is then chronic.

[size=large][b]More Severe, Chronic Cases of Sinus Headache, Medically Treatment May be Needed[/b][/size][hr]A CT scan may be administered to determine the extent of blockage, as well as an allergy test and desensitization. Antibiotics may be prescribed, but if they fail to provide any relief, an endoscopic or image-guided surgery may be necessary.

Nasal irrigation through rinses and spray which help to shrink sinus membranes and increase drainage. -Over-the-counter medications with a primary ingredient of aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, naproxen or a combination of any decongestants and antihistamines may also provide relief. In difficult cases, nasal steroid sprays can be used.

[size=large][b]Headaches Associated With Sinusitis Usually Have Very Distinctive Signs and Symptoms[/b][/size][hr]The most common is pain and pressure across the forehead and cheeks and around the eyes. Nasal stuffiness and sometimes an achy feeling in the upper teeth also accompany this. Other symptoms include sore throat (which can be the result of a tonsil infection brought on by the dripping of infected mucus down the throat), fever and chills, facial swelling, yellow or green discharge, and fatigue. We do hope that you find the information here something worth recommending others to read and think about once you complete reading all there is about Sinusitis.

[list][*]Alternative medicine in the form of herbal treatments, such as the magnolia flower, angelica, mint, and chrysanthemum.[*]These treatments though, have not been scientifically confirmed.[/list]

The sinus headache could have one or several triggers, including colds; allergies to mold, dust or pollen; bacterial or fungal infections; problems with the immune system; or structural problems of the nasal cavity. People who suffer with asthma, have nasal growths or polyps, or have a disorder that affects the way mucus moves within the respiratory system, such as cystic fibrosis, may be at higher risk to experience sinus headaches. There are universal applications on Chronic Sinusitis everywhere. However, it is up to us to decide the way used for these applications to get the best results from them.

Quote:Although some people are naturally at risk for experiencing a form of sinusitis, there are some preventive measures to keep cases from becoming chronic, good hygiene being one of the most effective. Other actions include carefully managing allergies and preventing asthma attacks, treating cold symptoms immediately, using a humidifier to keep nasal passages clear, and avoiding cigarette smoke. Wink

[list][*]Sinus infection is a very common problem these days and a large number of the people in the world suffer from it.[*]The infection occurs when sinuses, located in between and behind the eyes and on either side of the nose, suffer from inflammation.[*]The result is severe headache or pressure in the eyes, nose or on one side of the head. Smile[/list]

[size=large][b]Take 1 Tsp Ajwain and Roast It on a Flat Pan[/b][/size][hr]As soon as it starts to smoke, put it in a cloth or kitchen tissue. Bring it close to your nose and inhale deeply. Though you might sneeze initially, you will start feeling better after 4-5 minutes Sinus Infection came into being some time back. However, would you believe that there are some people who still don't know what a Sinus Infection is?

[size=large][b]The Pain and Frustration of Chronic Sinus Infections can be Truly Debilitating[/b][/size][hr]One patient told me that her sinusitis felt like she was hundreds of feet underwater without a diving helmet. That's a good description of the swelling, congestion, pain, headache, and overall misery of a sinus attack. Many people suffer with sinusitis for years because they and their doctors can never identify precisely what's causing the problem and/or they don't take sufficient care to avoid repeated attacks. It is of no use thinking that you know everything, when in reality, you don't know anything! It is only because we knew so much about Sinuses that we got down to writing about it!

The first step toward getting rid of a sinus infection is to start Zinc treatment right away. I know some of you are saying, "But, Zinc is an antiviral treatment strategy." Well, as it turns out many sinus infections are sparked by a viral infection. It's called a secondary infection, and if you want to reduce your symptoms and the severity of your cold and any sinus infection, you should look into Zicam Gel Swabs for your nose or Zinc tablets you put under your tongue. Chronic Sinus are basically interesting parts of our day-to-day life. It is only that sometimes, we are not aware of this fact!

[size=large][b]Another Sinus Headache Remedy is to Apply a Hot Wet Compress to the Face[/b][/size][hr]Wet a washcloth with hot water and fold to fit over the nose and cheeks, putting warmth directly over the sinus and nasal cavities. This will help loosen the mucous and ease the pressure of a sinus headache. You can use a cold compress on the forehead to help shrink the membranes and ease the pain of a headache. After reading what was written here, don't you get the impression that you had actually heard about these points sometime back. Think back and think deeply about Sinus Headache.

[list][*]Your doctor has prescribed antibiotics or any other medications, be sure to follow the directions carefully.[*]Sinusitis can be difficult to get rid of otherwise and can easily return if it's not fully treated the first time.[*]Even if you feel better, it's important to keep taking your antibiotics until you've finished the course prescribed by your doctor.[*]This helps to kill all of the bacteria causing the infection.[/list]